Promise Pointe Potential Resident Qualifying Criteria
Our definition of chronic homelessness:
An individual who is homeless (without a permanent dwelling) and at least one of the following:
- lives in a place not meant for human habitation,
- is/has been in a safe haven or in an emergency shelter for at least 1 year
- has had at least 4 long-term episodes of homelessness on separate occasions in the last 3 years
Checklist of qualifying criteria that must be present to become a potential resident of Promise Pointe:
1. Chronically homeless for at least 1 year in Victoria and the Crossroads area (“Crossroads” includes the following 8 counties: Victoria, Calhoun, Dewitt, Refugio, Goliad, Gonzales, Lavaca, Jackson)
2. Qualified as homeless through the Coordinated Assessment Process of the Texas Homeless Network (Promise Pointe uses Mid Coast Family Services, Victoria, TX to carry out this assessment.)
3. At least 18 years of age or older
4. A valid U.S. government issued ID or fingerprint documentation
5. A social security card or proof thereof or a U.S. resident alien ID card
6. Ability to pay rent of $300 a month and an initial deposit of $150.
7. No criminal record of capital murder, murder/manslaughter, kidnapping, child molestation, rape or crimes of a sexual nature, assault or arson.
8. Willing to live as a good neighbor in a neighborhood dedicated to respectful coexistence and improvement of the lives of those living at Promise Pointe.
If you have these qualifying criteria, you may seek an application to reside at Promise Pointe in a Tiny House and help develop this transformative community. The entry point of Promise Pointe is through Mid Coast Family Services, 111 S. Liberty, Victoria, TX 77901. Request to see Lisa Griffin or Mallory Thurman.